Featured Post

THIS BLOG IS RATED WWW-MA.

Update 2020-12-16: (True sticky posts banned; click to read.) So, owing to the evolution of the internet, or at least my own approach to it,...

Friday, April 4, 2008

Saw my therapist today.......

Question. The typical, mainstream notion is that therapy/psychological help is supposed to, you know, help us out....make us feel better. Yet I generally feel worse when I emerge from a session compared to when I entered it. Does anyone else see a psychologist or something like it? Is this normal? Does relative sanity settle in eventually?

My frank opinion, which is unlikely to change anytime soon, is that if being fully mentally healthy equals being utterly miserable, I will have no part of it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am mentally "healthy" by my own judgment, and also mostly miserable. You could be on to something.

Cheshire Adams said...

Hmmm.........