Featured Post

THIS BLOG IS RATED WWW-MA.

Update 2020-12-16: (True sticky posts banned; click to read.) So, owing to the evolution of the internet, or at least my own approach to it,...

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Bastards (probably part one of many such installments)

I'm not a moviegoer, so today when I tried to rent a film from Blockbuster for a school assignment, I was rather stunned to find that it is apparently no longer possible to simply hand over a bit of cash to have the film for a couple days. It is actually required that one has an account and a credit card just to have a shiny disc or two for a couple days. I told them to stuff it, rode my bike across town, and got the thing out of the library for free.

Incidentally, I had tried to download the thing earlier, and I ended up with a complete, hour-and-however-many-minutes film that didn't have any sound. Grrr....

No comments: