Featured Post

THIS BLOG IS RATED WWW-MA.

Update 2020-12-16: (True sticky posts banned; click to read.) So, owing to the evolution of the internet, or at least my own approach to it,...

Saturday, April 12, 2008

Boz Scaggs - Silk Degrees (a quck review by ~C.A.~)

I was talking with one of my regular bus drivers, and, one way or another, the conversation turned to this album. I had heard it in passing once before, but my memory of it was dim, so I checked it out a second time earlier this week. While wholly ground in the decade in which it was released (the Seventies), it's not unpleasant, I don't think. All in all, though, I feel that the two hits from the album, Lido Shuffle and Lowdown pretty much sum it up. Actually, I hadn't heard Lowdown in quite some time; I think the first time I heard it, I thought "Meh...okay" and waltzed right on. I played it a couple of times after playing the full album....I came to realize, it's a pretty cool song. Doesn't that happen frequently with certain pieces of music........

No comments: