Featured Post

THIS BLOG IS RATED WWW-MA.

Update 2020-12-16: (True sticky posts banned; click to read.) So, owing to the evolution of the internet, or at least my own approach to it,...

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Me Dealing With People

I was hungry.......

.....Yeah, classic humor right there, right?.......

.....so, for the first time ever, I decided to try ordering delivery over the internet. Luckily, the particular place I was ordering from gave me the option to pay with cash, since I don't have a credit card......but that's beside the point. I was at work, and, apparently, I needed something else to have enough of a charge to have it delivered, so I offered, and one co-worker went ahead and added her order of choice to the bill.

Again, I don't have much experience with this sort of thing.

When the guy arrived, the two of us discussed our respective parts of the payment. She mentioned tip.......an ancient custom about which I had totally forgotten. I said something along the lines of "Oh.....yeah. Sorry.....I'm still getting used to this modern world." The guy's response to this was "What, were you born yesterday?"

"Basically, yes," I instinctively responded. I have my own ideas of spirituality and who-knows-what, into which I won't go here. Anyway, before he left, I told him, "It's all right; you don't know me."

I think, perhaps, it is much to his pleasure that I'm not ordering from them again anytime soon.

No comments: