Featured Post

THIS BLOG IS RATED WWW-MA.

Update 2020-12-16: (True sticky posts banned; click to read.) So, owing to the evolution of the internet, or at least my own approach to it,...

Monday, March 2, 2009

Are there any text books that have original thoughts these days? I see all these footnotes, references, etc.......I get the feeling that, over time, the whole thing becomes like a game of "Telephone," where each person slightly changes the thoughts of their sources, until the most modern sources have totally garbled and unreliable information.

I work as a "text converter" (i.e. converting textbooks to electronic formats that people with certain disabilities can read/listen to), so I see quite a lot of textbooks........and who knows how many footnotes and references........

No comments: