Featured Post

THIS BLOG IS RATED WWW-MA.

Update 2020-12-16: (True sticky posts banned; click to read.) So, owing to the evolution of the internet, or at least my own approach to it,...

Friday, January 16, 2009

Bruce Springsteen - Born in the U.S.A. (A quick sort of personal account by ~C.A.~)

I guess I was in high school when I first heard this album in its entirety. Man, I was ravaged by hormones then; I was on some kind of bizarre high all the time.......and, wow, did "Born in the U.S.A." intensify that high. I have no idea how to explain it.......most of the lyrics on the album are actually rather a downer......but there was just something about the music that gripped me.....made me feel like some kind of stud or something. All I knew was: Springsteen rules.

These days, I've kind of drifted away from that album; I look more to "Born to Run" to get my Springsteen fix now. But every once in a while, I might feel a strange pulse in me.....and reach for the Bs on my CD shelf (Yes, I organize my CDs by first name; I prefer it that way)......and turn it up.........


I played it this morning.

No comments: